Saturday, April 2, 2016

REWIND... July 2015

We were on a once in a lifetime trip to Hawaii, with our kids and mom n dad and Ritche and Faye. For a whole week. We had been on a foster break since "Lucy" went to her new home in May. The end of the school year was always crazy busy including Ethan's birthday, volleyball tourney in LA and this trip. It all happened perfectly. We told Angels that we will open up our home again the day after we get back from paradise on 7/14. Usually takes a little while to get that first call. I knew I'd be ready so I wanted on that list ASAP. During the break I had gotten a few calls from Angels just verifying the date we were returning. That's fine... I'd rather they know than forget and have my next baby go to someone else.

It was Friday around 9am. We had already been to breakfast and I was getting ready for a nice little nap before the days trek. We only had today and the next day left because we were flying home on Sunday. My phone rings and it says Angels is calling. It was closer to Erwin so he answered it. "Well I know you aren't exactly home yet but we just got s call about a little boy who needs to be removed today. Do you want to hear about him?" Erwin looked at me and since he was repeating the callers every word, I shook my head yes as I was clearly thinking, 'What the heck?!'

"He's Caucasian. He is 2 months old. It's a south bay case. And a domestic violence case. Mom will have visits but not Dad." Now since he has to be picked up tonight, how is that going to work? Angels was going to give the worker a call and see about pickup being on Monday possibly. I was intrigued and kind of excited because I had never had a full Caucasian baby. Like NEVER! That was one of those silent thoughts that you usually don't tell anyone. But because I am obviously the whitest of my little family of four, not to mention one of the few white people in our US/Mexico border city, its something that has been a joke of sorts for me.

I sent the bat signal out to my foster Mommas and sure 'nuff momma K offered to pick him up tonight and deliver him to me Monday if it was allowed. Lots of back 'n forth phone calls and texts later, we rcvd a pic of our sweet 6 week old baby boy who would be waiting for us when we got home on Monday.

I just got a placement while in Hawaii on vacation. Lol... What a crazy world this fostering thing is!

p.s. I have to find a different way of organizing my thoughts/posts until I get back on the telling the story as it happens. lol... Hope you can keep up.

No comments: