Saturday, March 12, 2016

Begin Again....Again

We had our telling today and signed the adoption papers!” Those words are music to my ears! I thought I would start again with a text I got from “Lucy’s” soon to be adoptive Momma. That makes my record of positive outcomes 2 out of 5. Positive Outcome for our home is when the baby is sent to the safest home with the most love, attention and possibility for healthy growth. This little girl has grown leaps and bounds and I wish I could show you before and after pics. She is going to be a beautiful and strong woman one day!
I have been watching my phone intently for the phone call to come thru for baby #6. We had a false alarm last week. The day after I told my agency that we were ready for another kiddo, I got a call that there was a newborn baby girl being discharged that very day. I was ecstatic! I had already started switching my baby boy clothes out with my stash of baby girl clothes. During our break with no kiddos, I fell in love with a specific brand of baby clothes and started purchasing an outfit every now and then when I found them for a good price. (shhh! Don’t tell Er.) So, the fact that a baby girl was my first call was just perfect.  Some would say too good to be true. An hour before I am too pick her up, I receive a text stating that the baby has been placed with a family member that happens to have her 5 other siblings.  Bummer for me, blessing for baby. I was back to waiting. It ended up being perfect for our family, that baby was not placed with us.  That very weekend we had lots of volleyball, including a beach day that gave us 25mph winds swirling tons of sand in our faces and all over. Not exactly the best environment for a newborn baby. God, again, had a plan.  

No comments: